Celebrate with A CAPITOL FOURTH on Blue Ridge PBS!
Wednesday, July 4 at 8:00pm & 9:30pm
This July 4th, America’s national Independence Day celebration kicks off our country’s 242nd birthday, as A CAPITOL FOURTH welcomes back Emmy Award-nominated actor and producer John Stamos (Fuller House, Scream Queens) to host the festivities.
The country’s longest-running live national July 4 TV tradition will feature all-star musical performances by:
- Multi-platinum-selling music legend Jimmy Buffett with the Broadway cast of the new musical Escape to Margaritaville, making their first stop after Broadway at the U.S. Capitol before launching a national tour
- “America’s Band,” the iconic multi-platinum-selling music legends The Beach Boys
- Three-time Grammy Award-winning and multi-platinum-selling artist Pentatonix
- Legendary Motown stars The Temptations
- Acclaimed multi-platinum country music singer-songwriter and winner of the iHeartRadio Music Award for Best New Country Artist Luke Combs
- Country music star and “American Idol” alum Lauren Alaina
- 12-time Grammy Award-winner and gospel legend CeCe Winans
- Internationally acclaimed Grammy Award-winning violinist Joshua Bell
- The National Symphony Orchestra under the direction of top pops conductor Jack Everly
Broadcast live on Blue Ridge PBS from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol, this time-honored 38-year-tradition puts viewers front and center for America’s biggest birthday party with the greatest display of fireworks anywhere in the nation lighting up the iconic DC skyline.
Blue Ridge PBS is Out in the Community!
Blue Ridge PBS continues to launch and add to several series that feature the people and places in our viewing area. Stories can be seen throughout the day on Blue Ridge PBS and Southwest Virginia PTV as well as here on BlueRidgePBS.org.
- Creative Virginia profiles the artistic and creative people of Central and Southwest Virginia. From unique pieces to quirky creations, you’ll find some imaginative folks on Creative Virginia.
- Growing it in Virginia features the farmers, gardeners and growers of Southwest Virginia. From alpacas to zinnias, if it grows in Virginia, we’ll bring you the story.
- Delve into the topic of regional food and drink with our newest segment franchise, It’s All Food!
- Blue Ridge PBS is On the Road Again showcasing unique and interesting attractions and destinations that are just a short drive away. If you’re looking for something to do, we’ll have some great ideas for you.
- What's Your Story? highlights regional folks with unique, fascinating, funny, and sometimes quirky, stories to tell. Everyone has a story and we’re planning on bringing you some good ones.
There’s much more to come, so stay tuned!